Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Shocker


Yesterday was my birthday. At 27, I'm now officially in my late 20's. This causes me some degree of anxiety when I think too much about it ("I haven't done anything with my life!" "I've been out of college for six years!" "I'm going to start getting wrinkles soon!" etc.), so I decided to try and stave off the panic with this loud outfit. Bright colors are my favorite, and I feel very young and carefree when I wear them. Josh likes to say that whenever I go into a store, I immediately head for the brightest piece in the place. I think bright colors are incredibly fun. The only part I'm not totally pleased with in this outfit is the bracelet. It's similar to the one I wore in my first post, but I think it blends in with my skin and looks like I'm wearing some sort of bandage around my wrist. Oh well - live and learn, right?




So I have gigantic bruises all over my legs. I clean houses a few days a week, and I'm always down on my hands and knees, bumping into things. I discover a few new bruises every week, and aside from covering them with makeup or Photoshopping my legs, there's not much I can do about it. But guess what: real girls have bruises. (They also have stretch marks, and hair on their upper lips sometimes, but I'm not going to show you those.)




I had a great (and exhausting!) birthday weekend. We had a picnic up at Washington Park on Friday night, hiked Powell Butte on Saturday afternoon, went out for dinner and to the Starlight Parade with friends on Saturday night, had coffee at Fehrenbacher Hof on Sunday morning, went out to lunch at La Petite Provence on Sunday afternoon with family, and I was showered with presents in the evening. Whew! I get immensely spoiled when it's my birthday, and I love it!


Top: Gap
Skirt: Zara
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany heels via Macy's
Earrings and ring: Simply Jo Designs

1 comment:

  1. happy belated birthday and thank you for the link to the anthropologie skirt...it's adorable! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...