Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Athletic calves


Last fall I earned a little extra cash one weekend, so I went to Nordstrom right after work to get a pair of Hunter boots. I had been wanting them for years, but had always been reluctant to spend $125 on rain boots. After reading rave reviews about them, though, I decided to take the plunge. So I went to the shoe department, and a salesman brought out a pair of black Hunter boots in size ten. I pulled them on, walked around, thought they felt pretty good, and tried to pull them off. I couldn't. They were suctioned on to my calves. After watching me tug at them hopelessly for a minute, the salesman got down on the floor, and had to pull with all his might to yank them off. Then he said, "Do you know about our Huntress boots? They're for people with athletic calves." So I got a pair of Huntress boots instead (that thankfully still say "Hunter" on the logo). It's a tight fit, though, getting my calves and my jeans into these rain boots. But if you're thinking about getting a pair I highly recommend them. They're incredibly comfortable and durable, and well worth the cost. Maybe try them on in the store first though!




 I thought about wearing heels for these pictures. But I actually wore the boots today and not the heels, because it has been raining like mad here lately. So you get a taste of reality today - even though my jeans look bunchy stuck into my boots, and even though heels would have looked more polished, this is my real outfit.


I really love this flowy tee. Normally I go for more fitted tops - I'm so curvy that most of my clothes need to have definition around the waist. But I couldn't resist this top. It's striped and cost $9 - that alone sold me on it. But it turns out it looks good too.


Tee: Target
Jeans: Gap
Belt: Gap
Rain boots: Hunter via Nordstrom
Earrings: gift from a friend in China

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...