Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Twice the fun - Remixes #14 & 15

That's right, I wore two different outfits yesterday. Apparently I'm in a hurry to get this 30 for 30 thing done with! Actually, it was because I wanted a casual outfit to wear to the farmer's market in the morning, and a dressier one for my aunt's birthday party in the evening. So this is what I wore to the farmer's market:



Sorry we didn't get any better pictures - mid-day light is never flattering. It was a great outfit, though - and yes, I walked to the farmer's market and back (3 miles roundtrip) in these wedges. That's how comfortable they are.

This was my evening outfit:


I got this pure silk dress from Anthropologie for nineteen dollars. Yes, my friends, you read that right. I had lusted after it when it was full price, then saw it go on sale, then went into Anthro when they were having a 25% off all sale items sale, and used my 15% birthday discount on top of that. I couldn't believe my good fortune. This dress is colorblocking at its easiest. I put zero effort into this outfit (I mean...I spent hours putting it together), but it looked great. Pros about this dress: lightweight, great color combo, flattering cut (that doesn't need a belt, which is rare for me). Cons: wrinkles super easily, stains super easily. But for nineteen dollars, I think I will happily spend a (small) fortune for dry-cleaning on this dress. Tell me - have any of you ever scored an amazing deal like this on a piece of clothing?



I felt (and looked) like such a poser, but I couldn't resist pretending to water the lawn at my grandma's house!


This necklace is another one that I "made" myself. I purchased clock hands at Michael's and strung them on a chain, for a grand total of $3.25 and ten seconds of work. It was the easiest DIY project I've ever done.


Outfit #1:
Tee: Target
Shorts: Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell via Lulu's
Belt: Gap
Owl necklace: Forever 21
Necklace (worn as bracelet): owned for years


Outfit #2:
Dress: Anthropologie
Shoes: BCBG via Macy's
Necklace: self made
Bracelet: B. Lee Designs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...