Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Trying a trend


I wish I was one of those rebels who didn't follow clothing trends. Sadly, I'm not. I got really into skinny jeans when they were popular, I'm super excited that flare jeans are back now, and if parachute pants are all the rage next year (heaven forbid), I'll probably come around to wanting a pair. Today's trend that I'm wearing are paper bag trousers. That has to be the least flattering name ever for a pair of pants, and to tell you the truth I have mixed feelings about the way they look, too. On the one hand, the bottom half of them looks great, they're super soft, and they only cost me $25 at Anthropologie. On the other hand, I have to tuck any shirt I wear into the pants, and that's never really been a good look for me. I feel similarly towards the top. I got it for free from my aunt, I love the neckline, and it's super soft, but it just doesn't cling to my shape in a great way. And yet I'm wearing both items anyway. Together. Which goes to show that sometimes comfort wins out over fashion.


On the other other hand, I'm madly in love with these shoes. I got them at Macy's the other day with some of my birthday money. They were half off, probably because they're a bit difficult to put on and take off, but they're so comfortable and I've been wanting them for months. This year has been The Year of the Shoes. (And you thought it was The Year of the Rabbit, didn't you?) I think I've purchased eight new pairs of shoes this year. It's an obsession I need to work on taming. (Just as soon as I get the Jeffrey Campbell platforms I want.) I even had a dream about shoes the other night. In my dream, I got to be one of those food taste testers, and I earned enough extra money to buy the Casita sandals that I've been lusting after for a few months. I woke up feeling really happy, until I realized that I still didn't have the sandals. To quote the '90's, reality bites.



Top: thrifted from my aunt
Shoes: Macy's
Earrings: UnderGlass
Necklace: silver shop in China
Bracelet: B. Lee Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...