Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

American woman - Remix #12


As soon as I put on this outfit, I got the song "American Woman" stuck in my head. I feel strange referring to myself as a woman, but at 27 I suppose my days of being a girl are over. Quite apart from the red, white and blue combo, this outfit made me feel all-American because of the accessories overload. And maybe to you it doesn't look like I'm wearing that many accessories, but normally I feel like one statement necklace is all I need, and so wearing two necklaces, a bracelet, and a ring is a lot. Have you ever noticed that American women love to pile on the accessories?  I always see American fashion bloggers wearing multiple necklaces and ten different bracelets at a time, whereas if you look at two of my favorite French fashion bloggers, The Cherry Blossom Girl and Pandora, they're pretty restrained when it comes to jewelry. Not that restrained is necessarily better - some people are really artful when it comes to wearing lots of jewelry at once.





Tee: Old Navy
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft
Belt: thrifted from William Temple House
Shades: Forever 21
Necklaces: don't remember (owned for years)
Ring: ScanFair


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...