Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Field of green


The weather apparently decided to take my advice last Friday, because just an hour after I posted my complaint, the day got stunningly beautiful. In the evening Josh and I went up to Washington Park for a picnic, but first we stopped by this lovely meadow to get a few photos as the light was fading. It's beautiful, right? That's because you can't see the soccer goalposts or hear the freeway just behind those trees. But we can pretend I drove far out into the forest to get these shots, right?




I especially love the white rickrack trim around the pockets, arms and shoulders - it adds a sweet, homemade feeling to this dress. Can you believe that my dad picked this out for me? He's got a good eye for vintage clothes. Of course, it had to get my mom's seal of approval before he actually bought it, but I still think he deserves all the credit.




I tried some spinning so you could see how wonderfully flowy this skirt is. I think we need a higher speed camera to capture it without the blurriness though. And my smile probably would have looked less forced had I not been acutely aware of the people playing frisbee twenty feet away from me. I also tried the ubiquitous "jumping fashion blogger" pose. Some people can pull it off. I cannot. That's why you don't get to see those shots; I don't think my dignity could survive the embarrassment.




Dress: vintage, gift from my dad
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Sandals: Target
Earrings: UnderGlass
Necklace: made by my aunt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...