Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

All natural - Remix #17


I swapped out the red ribbons in these wedges for some green ones yesterday. I love how such a small change can make these shoes feel so different. Now they're subdued, whereas with the red ribbon they were very vivid. A construction worker told me he liked my shoes when I walked past him. I don't know if that was his subtle way of hitting on me or if he really did think they were cool, but I was still flattered. If a very straight-looking construction worker compliments your clothes, you know you've got something good going on.

This necklace is from Italy, and it's made of Murano glass. I bought it during my first trip to Europe six years ago and paid 40 euros for it (about 55 US dollars), and I remember that at the time I was astonished to be paying so much for a necklace, but I just couldn't resist. Now I realize it was an amazing deal, as this is by far the best piece of jewelry I own.

Today you get to see my all-natural hair. I know this is what you've been waiting for. It's basically a white girl version of an afro, and I never know what to do with it, which is why I almost always wear it up. Do any of you have tips for handling a crazy huge mane like this?



Tee: Gap
Skirt: thrifted from Crossroads Trading Co.
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft
Necklace: purchased in Florence, Italy
Bracelet: actually a necklace, free from aunt


3 comments:

  1. Love the ribbon color. It completely changes the look of the shoes, making them more of a dramatic statement, in my humble opinion. Construction worker with an eye for fashion - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great bright mix! I love the ribbons!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colorful outfit! I love prints and colors too!
    Am your newest follower.:)

    I hope we can be blogger friends.:)
    http://mestizay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...