Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Neither rain nor snow nor gloom of night


While the gloom of night most definitely keeps me from taking outfit photos, rain and snow do not. If you look closely, you can actually see rain droplets flying across my face and sweater. Not my best outfit photos, but oh well.

I really love this dress. It was great to wear on boiling hot summer days (like here and here), and it's worked well with layers during colder weather (like here). And because my whole outfit was looking far too normal and nice, I had to add my wonderful new felted cowgirl pirate hat. I do love striking hats, and this one is officially the weirdest one I own. (Interestingly, Josh likes it better than this one. Apparently pointy edges, asymmetry, and absurdly large brooches do something for him that scalloped edges do not.)

(Now that I see this photo, I realize there is way too much jewelry going on with the brooch on the hat, the earrings, and the necklace. Whoops.)


Sweater: Anthropologie
Belt: free from aunt
Skirt (actually a dress): thrifted from Village Merchants
Boots: Jessica Simpson from Macy's
Hat: gift from my parents, from ScanFair
Earrings: gift from my parents, B. Lee Designs
Necklace: bought in China

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I don't think it is too much jewelry at all and I totally dig the hat! The skirt/dress is so cute as well! What a great look for a gloomy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. I didn't get outside for today's photos and it's driving me crazy having to take them inside. I'm also impressed with your winterization of that fabulous dress. And the hat is just fabulous!

    Have a wonderful New Year, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate taking photos in the rain! I used to do it... but lately I've been deciding to take a pass.

    That is a really fun hat, but I like the scalloped one better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...