Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

With the band


I'm not really into rock concerts. Ever since I almost passed out in a mosh pit, they just haven't appealed to me in the same way they did in high school. But if one of my favorite bands comes to town, of course I'll go to the concert, and I'll always buy a band t-shirt. I got this one last year at a Switchfoot concert, and on Tuesday I realized that I hadn't worn it in about a year. So I dug it out and styled it up for winter. (Let's face it - even though it's technically still fall, if the temperatures are bordering on freezing, it counts as winter.) I piled on the layers (and probably could have done with another pair of tights), and also apparently used this opportunity to wear five different things that clashed with each other. I was generally pleased with the look, though; it had a nice eclectic touch to it, and made me feel happy while wearing it. I call it my "I reached into the closet blindfolded and wore whatever I touched first" outfit.





T-shirt: from a Switchfoot concert
Cardigan: Old Navy
Jean jacket: thrifted from Rerun
Skirt: H&M
Tights: American Apparel
Socks: Gap
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Scarf: thrifted
Bracelets: In Pink (yellow), Dress Barn (blue), thrifted from Village Merchants (green)

4 comments:

  1. Love that you've styled up a band tee! Looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your outfit's description! I love Switchfoot. This summer I went to a Linken Park concert with my mom. Best. Concert. Ever. Love this fun and bright look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owwwwwww! SHOES <3 love it love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's hard to my a band tee shirt look chic, but you totally did. I love how the outfit is fun and colorful, but still fashion forward with the skirt and shoes.
    I used to love switchfoot but haven't listened to them for years, I should give them another listen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...