Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Simple


Sometimes the simplest outfits are the ones I like the best, like this one. It doesn't have any of my typical touches - masses of jewelry or a funky hat - but I really loved it. For holiday parties I typically like to wear weird and eye-catching combinations (like Monday's outfit, or the one from Thanksgiving), loads of jewelry, neon tights, or some kind of statement top, but this is the kind of outfit I should wear to holiday parties - simple and pretty. Now if only I could get past my belief that people need to be shocked and awed whenever they see what I'm wearing...

For those of you who celebrate it, I hope you have a merry Christmas! Josh and I tried to take a Christmasy photo with Onyx to put on here, but it wasn't the best due to Onyx wanting to stare at us and not the camera. Oh well. Here it is anyway!




Top: free from a friend of my aunt
Skirt: thrifted from William Temple House, shortened by me
Shoes: Lulu's
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Bracelets: In Pink
Belt: thrifted

6 comments:

  1. I think too often we try to avoid simple (it's a weird byproduct of blogging everyday)
    but sometimes you need simple. and often, it's the simple ones that end up being the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean! It is so hard to just be simple anymore, especially when you know you'll be in a sea of LBDs. This simple look is great. I love the shimmery skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how cute is Onyx?! And you guys have all the Christmas colors right there.

    My simplest outfits are usually my favorite too. I really like the subtle pattern on your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the need to shock and awe Stacey... it's a hard habit to break. Still a gorgeous outfit, you can pull off simple just as well as awe-inspiring!

    Have a lovely Christmas (I love the picture of the three of you, your dog's expression is priceless!)

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let you know, I awarded Gray Skies a Liebster Award today (see my post for details)!

    C xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog. I like you style. Following!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...