Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Purple mini


I have a pretty huge collection of vintage dresses, and I don't wear them nearly as often as I should, so the other day I pulled out this mini dress that I haven't worn in over a year. It's a fun little piece to wear now and again, but definitely not something that could be used in heavy rotation in my wardrobe, because this is literally the only way I could think to wear it.

I'm pretty sure I don't know how to do a top knot correctly, because I pulled my hair into a bun that was sitting on the top of my head, and then ten minutes later when we took these photos, it had already sagged. Should my hair tie have been tighter? Did I need to use hair spray? This may sound lame, but I kind of wish community colleges offered courses on how to do hair, because the only things I know how to do are: 1) hair worn down, air dried, 2) bun, 3) ponytail.



Dress: vintage, from my mom
Jacket: vintage, from an estate sale
Shoes: Lulu's
Earrings: Simply Jo Designs
Bracelets: In Pink

4 comments:

  1. That's your mom's dress? Awesome!

    And hey, at least you can get your hair into a bun. My hair refuses to stay up, period. So it's all ponytails and braids for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this outfit! I love that dress! It is so cool and I love that you got it from your your mom! I love purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one seriously fab outfit. I love the earrings you paired with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, killer dress. Such great colours in the pattern. I only know how to do those three hair styles too! I'm hair challenged heh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...