Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Borderline


I find brightly colored tights to be borderline crazy. That's not to say I don't love them, but it does mean that if I wear bright green tights in December, everyone is going to think I'm dressing up as an elf. (True story. I had three people on Sunday say to me, "Hey, Christmas elf!") And if I wear bright green tights in any month besides December, people are still going to give me funny looks. But I enjoy the enthusiasm they inject into any outfit.

Just like my outfit with red tights from two weeks ago, I decided to go with neutral colors for the body of this outfit in an attempt to let my crazy legs be the focal point. That's not to say the rest of the outfit was boring - I think the polka dot blouse and white wedges gave it a whimsical touch.




Polka dot blouse: vintage, thrifted
Sweater: Target
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Sam Edelman Kendall wedges from Piperlime
Earrings: Underglass
Belt: thrifted

8 comments:

  1. i love bright tights, i wore yellow tights recently and hubby thought i was rather strange. Blogging buddies loved them though lol.
    I dont own green tights but totally want to after seeing this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, yesterday I wore black and white polka dots and green tights. Great minds must think alike. I love this look and the shoes are adorable as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green shade is amazing and I adore the polka-dot blouse!

    S. - The Hearabouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar pair of green tights that I've been struggling to style because of the same reason - every time I wear them I think either elf, or Peter Pan, or even Robin Hood. Pairing them with black works though, and I love your polka dot blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. So true. Try as I might, brightly colored tights always throw me for a loop. I do think the black works though and the layering is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! Will you wear those tights for Xmas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. people will always say things like that... it's best to ignore them!
    It think colored tights are a lot of fun to wear.

    and i love your skirt!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is one of your best...I love it!! colored tights are my favorite way to make a statement and/or extend my wardrobe. Orange would look pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...