Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Spikes and stripes (Round two)


These pants (also worn here) make a big statement, and for this outfit I decided to skip a simple top and wear a shirt that's just as interesting as the pants. Quite a few of you expressed an appreciation of the shoulders on this shirt when I wore it on Halloween, so I decided to wear it again on a non-costumey day. And then, just because this outfit already had so much going on, I piled on the jewelry as well. (Because if you're going to go over the top, you might as well make it count, right?)

If you take outfit photos, it doesn't take too long to figure out which poses work best for which outfits. If I'm wearing a skirt I'll gladly face the camera head-on, but if I'm wearing pants I will almost always pose at an angle. I love my wide hips, but they look even wider in photos when I wear pants (especially wide-leg pants like these), and I don't have a problem trying to make myself look a bit slimmer in pictures. Do any of you have posing tricks that you use? What are they?





Top: Urban Outfitters
Jacket: Forever 21 brand, from Jen Loves Kev's closet sale
Pants: Anthropologie
Hat: Fred Meyer
Earrings: bought in China
Bracelets: H&M and In Pink

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh these pants are INCREDIBLE!!! And the hat and striped top are great pairings. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always work those angles - no reason for the world to know about my huge hips.

    Love the pants, and yes, if you are going to make a statement, than you should just go for it.
    The fedora is a nice touch.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole outfit is fantastic! I love the pants paired with the shirt, and I'm glad you feel confident to wear the shoulders pointy now. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a couple of days late, but I wanted to chip in with a posing trick from my repertoire. Pencil skirts sometimes obscure the meager curves I have (especially when worn with a top that's not skin-tight), so I'll cross my ankles to create a tapering from my hips to my feet. This just came in handy yesterday, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My shape is inverted triangle (wide on top, narrow on the bottom) so I put my feet appart and bend my hips to create an illusion that I at least have some hips. I want more hips :) Love all your outfits by the way

    Kemi at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...