Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Red legs


I've been wanting an opportunity to wear my new red tights, but have had trouble finding an appropriate outfit to wear them with. For all my love of bright colors, it turns out there's something very intimidating about wearing bright colors on your legs and not just on a skirt or a top. So I went on Chictopia to see how other people styled their red tights, and saw that most people wore them with black clothes. It's a safe pairing - one I was happy to try for my first time wearing such eye-watering tights. (I did wear purple tights on Thanksgiving, but they didn't feel quite as shocking as these red ones.) I've had this black skirt for a year, and - I'm almost embarrassed to admit this - have never worn it. I have a very full closet, and sometimes things just get lost in there :) I think the pretty lace detailing on the skirt is a nice contrast to the shocking tights.



Sweater: can't remember
Jacket: Forever 21 brand from Jen Loves Kev's closet sale
Skirt: thrifted from Rerun
Boots: Lulu's
Scarf and belt: thrifted
Necklaces: Forever 21 and Dress Barn
Bracelets: H&M
Purse: thrifted from Salvation Army

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit! The red tights just really bring it home. I hope to see you (and one of your adorable outfits) at the Portland Blogger Meet-Up this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stylish look for fall!!! I love all the layering you did here. And red tights are tricky but you styled them so well here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to work the lace!!

    Living-thesuite-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...