Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

You shouldn't dress like that on Sundays


This outfit originally included this black and white striped sweater instead of the plain black one, but when I looked at the finished product in the mirror, for the first time in my life I thought, "I'm too old to wear this combination." It felt more tasteful to switch to a solid colored top - although let's be honest, a neon color blocked skirt and polka dot tights are still not high on the tasteful scale. Case in point: when I was walking along the sidewalk, a homeless man who passed me by said, "You shouldn't dress like that on Sundays."



Sweater: Target
White blouse: free from aunt
Skirt: Forever 21 brand, thrifted from Crossroads Trading Co.
Tights: Asos
Shoes: Sam Edelman Kendall wedges from Piperlime
Brooch: vintage, from my mom

7 comments:

  1. It looks tasteful with a dash of personality! I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hilarious - people need to mind their own business!
    I think the color blocking and dot tights are fab!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Jumped to you from the BonBon Rose Girls. Haha, I feel like the title of this post is the story of my life. This outfit would be great on any day of the week! I love the skirt, but my favorite part is definitely the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the original striped sweater and I dont think you would have looked too old! Love your tights!
    -barbie @ Life as a Mrs. Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL no that did not really happen?!?!?!? Pssssh! I love this look. I sometimes feel younger than I am in what I wear, but I like to call it channeling my youth. ;-) I love these fun tights and bright skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say dress however you want on Sundays! Also - you didn't look tacky in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...