Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Frugal hippie environmentalist


Despite the rain we've been having here in Portland lately, the temperature has been fairly pleasant, so I wanted to get in an outfit with bare legs while I could. This dress was a great one to wear during the summer (here and here), and I think it will work well through fall and maybe even winter as long as I have layers. Yes, I'm wearing the sweater I wore on Monday, but it's new (though thrifted) and oh-so-wonderfully-grandma-ish, which means I will be wearing it a lot for a while.

I feel very pleased that more than half of my outfit is thrifted! While I do love buying brand-new things every once in a while, at heart I'm a frugal hippie environmentalist, which means I love to buy inexpensive, previously loved clothes.





Dress: thrifted from Village Merchants
Cardigan: thrifted from Rerun
Hat, necklace and purse: thrifted from Red, White and Blue Thrift Store
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany heels from Macy's
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Bracelet: InPink

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is so lovely! The cardigan with that dress and heels is fantastic.

    hugs,
    The Hearabouts

    http://thehearabouts.blogspot.com

    Don't forget to join my GIVEAWAY! Fantastic jewelry to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God!!!! That bag is to die for 0_o wow i need that.. you look very fashionable hun love the colours together x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like so much your blog. check out mine and if you like follow me.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you wore it even though it rained.. More importantly love that it was thrifted.. I know a lot of people who are scared to go thrift shopping but I always say you find the best one of a kind pieces.. Looking really good!

    WERK! ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag is so adorable. I must get one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore the whole look, but your shoes, so much want.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...