Monday, October 3, 2011

Witchery


If I were to describe this outfit, I would call it "rock and roll bohemian witch." (And in case you're wondering, in my mind black clothes + gold bling = rock and roll, long flowy layers = bohemian, and an all black outfit worn in October = witch.) I know that every few weeks I say something is my new favorite outfit, but guess what? This is my new favorite outfit! I love that it's eclectic, and I super love how cool I felt wearing it.

In case you're wondering what this outfit is made of...the bottom layer is a skirt, the second layer is a really short dress, and the top layer is a crocheted vest. The super short dress is one I purchased from ModCloth's Last Hurrah sale. The reviews said it was short, but I wasn't expecting it to be this short: the sequined bottom is see-through, and the opaque part stops an inch below my butt. I've tried wearing skirts over dresses before, but with this outfit I decided to be a little kooky and wear a skirt under the dress. I loved it, and will definitely be wearing it this way again!

(PS - Did any of you notice that I never ever ever wear my hair down in pictures? Well, I decided to do it for this outfit, and I don't hate the way it looks, so I may wear it down more often!)







Vest and hat: gifts from aunt
Dress: ModCloth
Skirt: Chico's
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany heels from Macy's
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelets: H&M

11 comments:

  1. I love hats, and not because of the whole Brit trend or anything but I think they really do finish a look off beautifully! I am new to your blog and think your hair will look great up or down, and I love this outfit, rock n roll boho...it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this look. The dress, the Jessica Simpson heels, everything. Such gorgeous scenery too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Jumped to you from the BonBon Rose Girls. I love this outfit-- the layering and mix of textures are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooove this! And those shoes are A-mazing!

    Julie Del @ J.Bird

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome outfit! I love black, when I don't know what to wear, I turn to all black! You look so fabulous with the hat and your hair down and your shoes! I love it all!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is really cute - maybe you can embrace it's shortness with some brightly colored tights?
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice shoes :D
    I definitely will following you if you follow me :D
    Decimal Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. rock and roll bohemian witch sounds about right! :) I love it!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this look. It is so cute! It makes me so ready for OCtober and Halloween movies!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you believe I passed on those shoes when I saw them on sale? Tragic! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...