Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Witchery


If I were to describe this outfit, I would call it "rock and roll bohemian witch." (And in case you're wondering, in my mind black clothes + gold bling = rock and roll, long flowy layers = bohemian, and an all black outfit worn in October = witch.) I know that every few weeks I say something is my new favorite outfit, but guess what? This is my new favorite outfit! I love that it's eclectic, and I super love how cool I felt wearing it.

In case you're wondering what this outfit is made of...the bottom layer is a skirt, the second layer is a really short dress, and the top layer is a crocheted vest. The super short dress is one I purchased from ModCloth's Last Hurrah sale. The reviews said it was short, but I wasn't expecting it to be this short: the sequined bottom is see-through, and the opaque part stops an inch below my butt. I've tried wearing skirts over dresses before, but with this outfit I decided to be a little kooky and wear a skirt under the dress. I loved it, and will definitely be wearing it this way again!

(PS - Did any of you notice that I never ever ever wear my hair down in pictures? Well, I decided to do it for this outfit, and I don't hate the way it looks, so I may wear it down more often!)







Vest and hat: gifts from aunt
Dress: ModCloth
Skirt: Chico's
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany heels from Macy's
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelets: H&M

8 comments:

  1. I love hats, and not because of the whole Brit trend or anything but I think they really do finish a look off beautifully! I am new to your blog and think your hair will look great up or down, and I love this outfit, rock n roll boho...it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Jumped to you from the BonBon Rose Girls. I love this outfit-- the layering and mix of textures are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooooove this! And those shoes are A-mazing!

    Julie Del @ J.Bird

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome outfit! I love black, when I don't know what to wear, I turn to all black! You look so fabulous with the hat and your hair down and your shoes! I love it all!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress is really cute - maybe you can embrace it's shortness with some brightly colored tights?
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. rock and roll bohemian witch sounds about right! :) I love it!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this look. It is so cute! It makes me so ready for OCtober and Halloween movies!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you believe I passed on those shoes when I saw them on sale? Tragic! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...