Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blue gingham


Lately I've been trying to veer a bit more towards office appropriate outfits, just so I can get some practice for the job I will hopefully be starting in January. I think I'd wear the top and skirt to a business casual office. I'd probably wear different shoes - I'm not sure if you're allowed to wear boots even in a business casual setting. I think I'll probably need to do some research before I start this job (and quiz my fellow female employees) just so I don't show up to work in anything totally inappropriate. In case you can't tell, it's been a long time since I've worked in an office.



Blue gingham top: J. Crew
Brown leather skirt: thrifted from Goodwill (Target brand)
Beige boots: Jeffrey Campbell (Rumble boots) from Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Scarf: thrifted
Bracelet: gift, from Italy

Also, wow....


Sometimes I can't believe I get to live in such a beautiful place.

8 comments:

  1. I think this is totally work appropriate! And I don't know much about office wear because though I work in a law office, the atmosphere is pretty relaxed. I mean, I'm wearing a hat today for crying out loud! I love that gingham blouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, that's good to know that this would work for a more casual business environment! I would love it if I could wear hats to my future job :)

      Delete
  2. i wore boots to my business casual work place. they were flats too. portland, in general, is so casual even when dressing up. although, i'm sure it depends on your office and profession. that last photo is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Portland is super casual, which I like. I'd hate to have to wear a suit every day.

      Delete
  3. I agree with the others that this outfit is totally office-appropriate - but then my workplace is more liberal than most though not many others take advantage of it in they ways I do. I have every confidence you'll find ways of maintaining your creativity and enjoyment of style even in a more conservative environment - all the best with the transition!

    Love your last sentence and photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this outfit is so cute! I wear boots to work all the time, but i guess you shouldn't take my word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because of this post, I ran out and bought the same blue gingham shirt. It is PERFECT. I've been buying gingham shirts online (and returning them) for about a year because something was always wrong (usually they were too see-through).

    Yay! I have a gingham shirt finally!

    Thanks, a fellow Oregonian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'm so glad you finally found one that you like!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...