Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Polka dot pattern mixing


The last time I wore this dress was almost exactly a year ago (in this post). Obviously I'm not great at wearing all my clothes on a regular basis. I really shouldn't have neglected this piece, though, because it has such a fun pattern, plus that magic ingredient that every woman loves in a dress - pockets. I decided to go for a bit of a retro look with the white collared blouse and white wedges, and I borrowed the idea of pattern mixing with the belt from the last time I wore this dress.

When I was putting together this outfit I had on a layered pearl necklace that I tucked under the collar. Josh took one look at it and said, "You should take that off. It makes your outfit too busy." Every year when Project Runway returns, he goes all Tim Gunn on me for a few months and styles my outfits. I kind of love it. It took a lot of convincing to get him to watch that show with me, but now he loves all the drama, and it's taught him enough about fashion that quite often he knows what looks good better than I do.



We discovered this park yesterday and used it for these outfit photos. It's right in the middle of the city, but in this photo it looks like it's far out in the country....

Red polka dot dress: possibly vintage
White blouse: free from my aunt
White wedges: Sam Edelman (Kendall wedges) from Piperlime
Belt: thrifted
Red watch: thrifted from Village Merchants

16 comments:

  1. That dress is so pretty! LOVE the colour and the polka dots! Really look great on you!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stuff that sits in the closet forever like that too, but it is a cute dress!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have far too many dresses that sit unworn in the closet for months or years, but I can never seem to get rid of them!

      Delete
  3. I LOLed at Josh getting Tim Gunn on you! I wish Patrick was more lenient on TV watching. Hence why I usually end up watching 1,000 ways to die . . .

    I love your red polka dot dress--so pretty and POCKETS?!?!?! Get out! Love the watch too Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pockets will sell me on pretty much any dress :)

      Delete
  4. The dress is adorable! :)

    Hugs,
    The Hearabouts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. My new fav outfit of yours. Seriously adorable! I looooove this bright red, I love the polka dot pattern, the midi length is so darling with your vintage shoes and accessories...and the pattern mix of the belt was the perfect finishing touch.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful look! Love the polka dots! Super, super cute!

    Rebecca

    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Looking at all your cute vintage outfits was what inspired me to pull this dress out of the back of my closet!

      Delete
  8. I love dress with pockets! This is adorable.

    And I love that your husband sometimes helps styling your outfits. My husband only makes a comments like - "Is that new?"

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least your husband notices when you wear something new! Many men don't seem to notice those things :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...