Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm


On Saturday Josh and I took a trip down to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm in Woodburn with our friends Bethany and Eric and their baby. (Side note: I'm not a fan of babies, but theirs is the cutest ever. I kind of wanted to take him home with me.) The top news story in Portland over the weekend was that we were supposed to get temperatures in the 70's and 80's (which we did!), so of course that meant everyone in the whole city decided to head out to the tulip farm with us. We had to wait in a line of traffic for about thirty minutes before parking at the farm, and in the fields it was nearly impossible to take photos without any strangers in them, but it was still fun. (And worth the drive and admission fee, if you live in the Portland area! Although I would suggest going on a weekday to beat the crowds.)

I decided to be unusually sensible and forgo heels in favor of (relatively flat) sandals, which turned out to be smart as the ground was muddy.





(My husband Josh!)



Pink shirt: Old Navy
Floral skirt: thrifted from Village Merchants
Sandals: Blowfish Shoes
Hat: thrifted from Red, White and Blue Thrift Store
Pink belt: Gap
White bracelet: H&M

I'm linking this post up to Monday Mingle at Momtrends, and Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style.

20 comments:

  1. super amazing floral display and I want a giant pair o shoes.
    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! We haven't made it to the tulip farm yet this year. (decided to clean the yard this weekend) The photos are beautiful. I love you outfit, so springy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so gorgeous! And you look perfectly spring ready in your hat, floral skirt and fun sandals! Love the pics of you and hubby in those wooden shoes! LOL Glad you enjoyed a fun in the sun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous location! That's the thing I don't like about Southern California - you can never find something like a flower farm around here, it's too much of a desert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely place! I saw lots of tulips and a huge pair of wooden clogs like those when I went to The Netherlands recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to The Netherlands in spring and see all the tulips!

      Delete
    2. They were lovely, as were the windmills. I highly recommend visiting. : )

      Delete
  6. oh my goodness, best picture place ever! I actually live 1 mile away from Holland (home of the tulips, right? They actually come from Turkey, but who cares?) and I don't have a tulip farm near! Not fair I tell you! Not fair! haha. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are wearing one of my favourite skirts, that floral print is so much fun! And these pics are gorgeous...love the sunlight and bright little tulips. Fun wooden shoe shots too, haha.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are absolutely beautiful! And your outfit is adorable :)

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! These make me excited cause I'm planning on going tomorrow!
    Cute outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! I'm sure it'll be way less crowded on a Tuesday than it was on Saturday.

      Delete
  10. What an awesome tulip display! And I love the giant clogs too. Your outfit is spring-perfect : >

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these photos, so pretty and that skirt is lovely too. Those clog photos are just too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stacey the photos are just beautiful (as always)... your outfit is perfect for a tulip farm, I love florals on you! And I'm so jealous of your weather... the warm weather we had in the UK in March was our summer - it's now winter again, back to boots and two pairs of socks (and I was still freezing today)!!!

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com/

    P.S. Those giant clogs are hilarious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weather in England is a lot like it is here in Oregon - very schizophrenic. Even though we've had summertime temperatures the past few days, I bet that by next week I'll be like you, bundled up in boots and thick socks again!

      Delete
  13. Wow! Gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those shoes are hilarious! What a setting. And I didn't like babies either til I had my own. Thanks so much for sharing on Monday Mingle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous backdrop those tulips make!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...