Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Florals


I'll be honest - even though I wore these platform heels around the house, I had to change into the flats (pictured below) to walk to this photo location. (And then yes, I changed back into the platforms for photos, but only after Josh insisted on snapping some photos of me wearing the flats - you know, for a touch of reality.) On flat ground I can handle myself in these heels, but we live in a neighborhood with a lot of hills, and trying to walk down a hill in these shoes is equivalent to asking for a broken nose. The only time I can wear them is at home, or if I change into them after driving somewhere in flats.

I loved the combination of florals in this outfit! In fact, it felt so fun and comfy that I think it's a combination I'll be wearing several times this coming spring.




Floral peplum top: H&M
Floral skirt: thrifted from Village Merchants
Platforms: Jessica Simpson Dany heels from Macy's
Hat: from an antique show
Necklace: Evidence Jewelry, won in a giveaway
Gold leaf cuff bracelet: In Pink

6 comments:

  1. Stacey these florals look absolutely beautiful on you (and I can't believe how long your hair looks all of a sudden)!! Funnily enough I love the outfit just as much with the flats - maybe a little more than the heels...? Both fabulous!!

    Catherine x
    http://www.notdressedaslamb.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! Looking at these photos, I think I almost like the flats better as well.

      Delete
  2. i absolutely love this outfit, and those floral go together perfectly! is that top a recent h&m purchase? this weekend i'm going to h&m to find some new clothes that don't swallow me, and if that top is still there, i think i need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the top about a month and a half ago, but when I was in H&M a couple weeks ago they still had it in stock!

      Delete
  3. Hi Gray,

    Nice blog. We love it.

    We’ve been taking note of your style and we've come to be wonderfully addicted to it.
    We'd like to invite you as our 1st group of fashionista to join WhatIWear in a conquest to inspire the world,changing one wardrobe at a time.

    Click HERE to become a member - www.whatiwear.com
    Or check our blog at blog.whatiwear.com

    --
    Here are some members who have already joined us.
    Anastasia Siantar - brownplatform.com
    Andree Judd - avantgardien.tumblr.com
    Willabell Ong - paledivision.blogspot.com
    Marie Hamm - themavenpost.blogpost.com
    Paris & London - themadtwins.blogspot.com
    Alyssa Lau - theordinarypeoples.blogspot.com
    Nadine Drexler - whengreengrasswasyellowonpictures.com
    White Lace - whitelace.ro
    Becka Häggblom - sunshineinnorth.blogspot.com
    Michalina Z - stook-pook.blogspot.com
    Jessica C - westmountfashionista.com
    Claradevi Handriatmadja - luce-dale.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is awesome, I love love the peplum top with the skirt, it's gorgeous. And don't worry, I do the same thing, I have a few pairs of shoes that are great for photos but not much physical activity. Haha, lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...