Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Engine 17


I've worn this outfit several times the past week, because it's just so easy to throw on when I'm in a rush. I don't think I've ever worn this cardigan on the blog even though I've had it for years, because it only looks good with jeans, and therefore doesn't allow for much variety in the way it's worn. I wore this to free scoop day at Ben and Jerry's on Tuesday! (I also wore it around the house, but that's not as interesting.) I'm a big fan of ice cream, but I have to admit even free ice cream doesn't have much appeal when it's forty-five degrees and rainy out like it was on Tuesday. Get back to me when it's hot outside - I eat ice cream just about every other day in the summer.

Also, I'm aware that I overused the word "I" in that paragraph, but I'm too tired to try and change it into something that sounds less narcissistic :)




Beige cardigan: Anthropologie
Jeans: Levi's from Urban Outfitters
Brown boots: Jessica Simpson from Macy's
Hat: gift from my dad, from a hat shop in York, England
Earrings and rings: free from my aunt
Brown belt: thrifted from Goodwill

8 comments:

  1. Dang it all! Both you and Lydia have talked of this free scoop phenom and yet I was completely in the dark about it! How does this happen???

    I love this outfit actually. The hat and the cardigan is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have known about free scoop day either if some kind person who lives in my building hadn't posted a gigantic sign about it in the elevator :)

      Delete
  2. free scoop day at Ben and Jerry's!!!? Why didn't I know about this!? It's been ages since I had some ^^ I'm loving your cadi! Too bad it only pairs well with jeans. Maybe it would go over a spring dress as well? with maybe a belt? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I should try it with some of my spring dresses - it always looks too bulky over my heavy winter dresses, but maybe it would look better over something made from a lighter material.

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit. The sleeves on the cardi are adorable. I like that you belted it too. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the sleeves, too, especially the slightly puffy shoulders :)

      Delete
  4. that cardi does look pretty nice and cozy, and I love free cone day. Thankfully it wasn't totally freezing here.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...