Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Wannabe Time Traveler's Wife


Let's get one thing straight: I haven't read The Time Traveler's Wife. I'm basing the title purely off the fact that my outfit felt explorer-ish, and that Josh and I had a conversation about time travel yesterday when I wore it. Among the many facets of time travel we discussed, we pondered who we would like to meet if time travel were possible. Josh said he would just like to be invisible and watch people from hundreds of years ago go about their daily business. (Creepy much?) I decided that I would like to sit down and have conversations with the following people: J.R.R. Tolkien (love me some Lord of the Rings), Queen Victoria, Abraham Lincoln, Audrey Hepburn, Hitler (be honest - wouldn't you?), C.S. Lewis, and Abbott and Costello. Who would you like to meet if time travel were possible?

And now back to my outfit...I got these high-waisted H&M jean shorts at Crossroads Trading Co. this past weekend. I've been wanting a pair of high-waisted flare jeans, but thought these would do in the meantime. I love how old-fashioned they make me look, and I super love that they accentuate my waist. But I'll be honest - these things are a big ol' pain to put on! The tiniest part of the shorts, the waist, has to fit over the biggest part of my body, my bum. It takes a lot of finagling to get them on, but they're very comfy to walk around in. Not so much to sit in. I may have spent the afternoon watching TV on the couch with my shorts unzipped. Yes, I know how to bring the classiness.





Blouse: Anthropologie
Shorts: H&M brand thrifted from Crossroads Trading Co.
Shoes: Target
Hat: gift from my dad, from York, England
Necklace: vintage brooch, from my mom
Belt: free from aunt
Purse: thrifted from the dollar bin at The Dig

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...