Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Curves ahead


Let me tell you guys something: I love my curves. I feel weird saying it, but it's true. I love that I have big hips and some serious booty. The skirt I'm wearing here, which I thrifted last year, is what inspired me to start wearing high-waisted skirts. It was too small to wear on my hips, which was where I normally wore my skirts at the time, but it was so pretty that I bought it anyway and just wore it at my natural waist. And I am so glad I did, because as it turns out fitted waists are pretty much the most flattering style in the world for my curvy figure. It's a style that embraces my curves without making them seem bigger.

I think figuring out what kind of clothes look good on you is one of the building blocks of personal style. It took me way too long to figure this out, but now I know what looks really good on me (bright colors, vintage cuts, fitted waists), and what looks really bad (baggy tops, pastel colors). What about you guys? Do you have a "go-to" style of clothing that you keep coming back to because it just looks so dang good?







Tank: Ross
Skirt: thrifted from Rerun
Shoes: Madden Girl from Macy's
Scarf: thrifted
Belt: thrifted from The William Temple House
Earrings: gift from aunt
Bracelet: owned for years (actually a necklace)

Photos taken by my mom - thanks Mom! They were taken at the Burn Center Garden at Legacy Emanuel Hospital in North Portland.

2 comments:

  1. Skirts worn on the natural waist just make so much more sense for those of us with hips and booty - you've got to accentuate that tiny waist so you look all classic and hour-glassy.

    And i do love the pretty paisley, it's one of my fave prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty skirt and I love the belt you paired with it! Great second shot!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...