Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Simple summer


This is the perfect simple outfit for doing summery things: visiting the beach, going to the farmer's market, having a picnic in the park. Unfortunately, it's been too cold here to do any of that, and I only wore this outfit because I looked outside and saw blue sky. I kind of froze my bum off taking these pictures. I loved this outfit, but I probably should have saved it for August. (It's going to get warm in August, right Oregon?)

Do you like my tacky Mexican briefcase/purse? It even has "Mexico" embroidered at the top in case anyone wonders where I got it. Except I didn't get it in Mexico. I got it at a thrift store in North Portland. For three dollars. I think it would have cost me more in Mexico.






Blouse: vintage, from the antiques show at the Expo Center
Shorts: Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes: Target
Belt: Gap
Purse: thrifted from Rerun
Necklace: gift shop at Legacy Emanuel Hospital

6 comments:

  1. This whole outfit is gorgeous! I especially love the detailing on your top.

    Hopefully it gets warm for you soon :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purse is so fun! I think Jessica of What I Wore has the same one (or at least very similar.)

    I love that top too. And the watercolor print on your shorts is just lovely.

    14 Shades Of Grey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jessica does have a purse like this! The day I bought it, I came home and read her blog and saw it in her outfit post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love the "tacky Mexican briefcase/purse"! And that top is lovely.

    Julie Del @ J.Bird

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shorts are awesome. The water color floral is such a nice abstract. and scalloped anything makes me happy.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that breifcase, tackyness and all! The scallops on your sleeves are so cute too.

    Mackenzie
    Reasons to Celebrate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...