Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Women of a certain age


Every now and then I'll hear someone make a comment like, "Women over thirty shouldn't wear mini skirts." I hate it when people say that, because I'm almost thirty, and I love my legs and plan on wearing mini skirts until the day I think my legs look bad. (Which may be never - I might still be rocking mini skirts at 80.) It bothers me when people try to create fashion rules based on age. Obviously certain situations call for clothing restraint (I never have and never will wear a mini skirt to a job interview or church), but other than that, I say wear whatever the heck makes you happy, no matter what age you are.



Striped blouse: Forever 21
Hot pink skirt: Zara
White wedges: Sam Edelman (Kendall wedges) from Piperlime
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Earrings: free from my aunt (probably from the 90's!)
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
White bracelet: H&M

9 comments:

  1. I completely agree! If you have fabulous legs you might as well show them off a bit, especially in the summer. I think you look very classy in your pretty pink skirt-and those shoes! I always love any outfit you make with those shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear! I'm so glad that another brilliant person is talking about this.

    Also, hooray Kendall wedges! And your necklace just works so beautifully with the collar of that shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much hate any and all fashion rules, what you wear is personal, the cuts, colors and shapes all have to work with what you like and feel comfortable wearing.

    I think there is only one rule: stay classy.

    and I think you look great.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure who makes these crazy rules but they are meant to be broken! I love this length of skirt on you and that color is soooo fabulous! Another rule that is meant to be broke is no white can be worn after labour day! Craziness!! I am going to wear white when I want to! LOL! Your shoes are amazing!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like those limitations either...people have laughed at me before for wearing things that are "too old" like longer skirts...and for wearing things "too young" like bows in my hair. I want to wear what I want to, what I feel pretty in, you know? I def think you can rock this shorter skirt, you have gorgeous legs :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen sister! I have had these same thoughts as well and I am thirty and I love a good miniskirt, but you're right, when appropriate with the situation. I love this bright pink circle skirt and I hope you always wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. You have great legs and should continue to rock a mini until your 80! Love the hot pink paired with black and white.

    Have a wonderful Labor Day, Stacy!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pink skirt. Your earrings are fab. Cute necklace too. I agree with what you say. If your legs look good, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i absolutely and completely agree with you! the only thing that should matter when getting dressed is how that clothing makes you feel. and furthermore, with so many women hating so many parts of their body, if they do love their legs, then they should be able to flaunt them and feel confident!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...