Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lucas Salon


Yesterday I got my hair re-colored. In the past I haven't invested much time or money into my hair. I've never put any fancy products into it. I only learned how to use a curling iron this year. I own a blow-dryer, but it's been broken for two years. And for about ten years, I dyed my hair with the stuff you get in a box at the grocery store. (Except for six months where I had black and blonde hair, which I definitely could not have done on my own.)

But earlier this year, I just got tired of the way my hair looked, so armed with a recommendation from my friend Lauren for a great new salon in Portland, I headed to Lucas Salon to get my hair cut and colored. The owner, Taylor Lucas, cut and colored my hair back in April before a friend's wedding, and it turned out so beautifully that I'm hooked on nice haircuts and hair color now. I went back yesterday to get my roots and my rose gold highlights touched up, and had the red deepened a bit. I'm immensely satisfied with the results, and wholeheartedly recommend Lucas Salon to anyone in the Portland area looking for a good stylist. If you're used to getting $20 haircuts and dyeing your hair from a box, the prices might seem a bit steep ($60 for a haircut and $85 for highlights) - but trust me (and this is coming from someone who typically spends next to nothing on beauty products), it's worth it.


I couldn't resist showing a close-up of my hair - I hope it doesn't sound vain of me to say that I think it looks awesome!


Paisley dress: from an antique show
Jean jacket: thrifted from Rerun
Brown sandals: Nordstrom Rack
Brown bag: Eva Messenger Bag from Ellington Handbags
Brown belt: thrifted
Bracelet: vintage, gift

And here are some photos of the fabulous Lucas Salon!





8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, your hair looks gorgeous!!
    and what a cool salon, seems like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair looks stunning (and you have every right to say so!!) and i am loving that paisley print beautiful dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound vain at all--your hair looks amazing! I hear ya. I am usually far too cheap to dye my hair professionally, but I did stop getting cheap hair cuts and I def plan on getting my hair professionally dyed for the wedding. It is ABSOLUTELY worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting dress print... very unique.
    nice interior pictures. Brick and wood always looks good and feels cozy.

    * STYLE ID NET *
    * Filomenas Closet *
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a neat dress...I want to steal it from you!!!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of your hair. I do go to a salon to get my hair done because my grays are way too much for me to handle! But I am way too lazy to fix my hair everyday. Always, just wash & go. Loving the print and color of your dress.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair does look awesome! Isn't it something how we worry about sounding vain if we celebrate or enjoy something about our appearance, when for the majority of women the struggle against the tide of body-hatred is overwhelming. How hard it is to explore positive self-talk and resist negative self-talk speaks to incredible cultural pressure - thank you for doing it, Stacey! Also, the print of that dress is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's where i went to cut my hair about a month ago! i'm definitely going again.
    your hair looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...