Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Party dress


I unintentionally took a vacation from my blog last week. Normally I have a low-key life full of lots of free time, but last week was nuts. First, I started taking a tax class at H&R Block so that I can become a certified tax preparer, and for the first time in seven years I had to spend my nights doing homework. Then on Wednesday I got to be an extra on the TV show Portlandia! (If you watch the show, keep an eye out for the scene with the communal table - I'm the girl in the beige lace dress with a red and sweaty face. It was freaking hot under all those lights.) Then on Friday we took off for a weekend at the beach with some friends. I actually really enjoyed last week, but it left me with hardly any down time.

This outfit was from a week ago - I wore it to a three-year-old's birthday party. She speaks French as well as English, and likes to snack on brie and crackers and edamame. So basically, she's more sophisticated than I am.



Dress: vintage, gift from my mom
Black faux leather jacket: Forever 21
Gold sandals: Asos
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Earrings: purchased at a church craft fair
Bracelet: gift, from Italy

18 comments:

  1. So fun that you got to be an extra. I applied, but haven't gotten an email yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applied months ago - I think back in May or June - and it took until last week to hear anything, so they might just be slow about contacting people to be extras. Hope you get a chance to do it!

      Delete
  2. What an incredible dress...I love that pattern and the colours are gorgeous! You have the best finds in your closet, I'm quite jealous. Sounds fun being an extra! I just watched a TV episode filmed in Portland and fell in love with the city. Would love to act on a show there!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which show did you watch? I know Leverage and Grimm are also filmed here, and they're both pretty awesome :)

      Delete
  3. Wow that does sound like a full week! How cool that you got to be an extra! I love your dress--the colors and pattern are pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was an exhausting week since I'm not really used to being busy, but I enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  4. i adore this outfit! and that three year old sounds more sophisticated than me and half the people i know. wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can also tell that she's going to be insanely gorgeous when she grows up, so she's got that going for her too - so unfair :)

      Delete
  5. It looks really good with the black leather jacket. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress, love the colors, so yummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unintentional blog breaks are good. It gives us time to recharge our batteries. How exciting to be an extra in a TV show :) Your dress is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow an extra on a tv show sounds super exciting! love the dress, the muted colours are really nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool you got to be an extra!! I've never watched the show, but now I will at least have to watch your episode.

    Love the jacket with that dress, and damn that three year old for being so sophisticated and making us look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stacey, that incredible dress is so great on you, and I love the pairing with the jacket. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have weeks like that when you seem to be on the go all the time and wonder where your real life went. So fun to be an extra - should really look into that as we are so close to productions here in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty look! Good luck to you as you prepare to become a tax gal!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's so cool that you got to be an extra!
    cute outfit! loving the sandals. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...