Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Copycat


First off, I should give all the credit for this outfit to the lovely Rebecca from Winnipeg Style - her version of this outfit was so good that I couldn't resist copying. Plus, in the two years that I've owned it, I've worn this skirt only a handful of times because I've found it nearly impossible to style, so I'll take any inspiration I can get. Also, I love finding an opportunity to wear my Switchfoot t-shirt with something other than jeans. This was a bit of an oddball outfit, but that is my favorite kind of style! I know that someday I'm going to have an office job again and will have to tone down the kooky-ness, so I'm embracing it while I still can.



Switchfoot t-shirt: purchased at a concert
Pink lace skirt: Forever 21
Brown heels: Macy's
Brown bag: Eva messenger bag from Ellington Handbags
Embroidered bracelet: thrifted from Village Merchants

8 comments:

  1. I love the lace + concert tee contrast. Plus, the shirt is so cute...are those balloons? That's one thing I love about teaching...I have to dress appropriately, but can still be plenty kooky. The kids love it :)

    ~C
    http://ohshedabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing a fancy full skirt today as well - i always feel so dressy in it. I think a knotted shirt balances it out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of pairing the lacy skirt with a t-shirt. I might be the next one on this copy cat train... I have a couple of fancier skirts that I have tough time styling. Yay!

    Molly
    More Charming in Person

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the way that graphic knotted tee tones down the lace...they are so cute together!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say Stacey, I LOVE how this turned out! The skirt is just gorgeous and I am SO GLAD you found an excuse to wear it again in a fresh new way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are adorable, Stacy. Lovin' your skirt! :)

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am enjoying discovering your Blog and have awarded you the Liebster Blog award! Pop on over to mine to grab it if youve time! Claire x http://takingachanceinlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! Thanks so much for the shout out! I am so happy and grateful that you found some inspiration from me! You look awesome in this look! Your printed tee is perfect with the skirt!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...