Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Slouchy


Normally with my outfits I try to define my waist since I'm so curvy, but last night we went out for drinks with some of Josh's co-workers, and I wanted something a bit less restricting in the waist since I knew I'd be having a few beers. I liked the slouchy look of this outfit, even though it wasn't the most flattering.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend! Josh and I are planning on going swimming in my parents' pool tomorrow, since it's supposed to be 95 degrees here, and then I might turn domestic and can some honey-soaked plums. The next few months will be filled with my canning projects - I plan on canning dozens of quarts of peaches, tomatoes, pears, pickles, and applesauce. (That actually sounds disgusting when you list them in that order, but they're really very tasty!)

I keep holding my fingers like this whenever we take close-up shots of my bracelets, and then it looks like I'm missing half my fingers. I need to work on that...



White blouse: from an antique show
Hot pink skirt: Zara
Brown heels: Macy's
Brown scalloped-brim hat: Asos
Purse: Eva Messenger Bag from Ellington Handbags
Necklace: can't remember
Embroidered bracelet: thrifted from Village Merchants
Pink bracelet: H&M

9 comments:

  1. Aw I love this bright pink skirt! I always do that with my fingers too but usually it is to hide the fact that my finger nail polish is disturbingly disheveled. LOL Enjoy your canning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I never paint my fingernails - I know they would look horrible after like two days, and then I'd have to try and hide them in photos.

      Delete
  2. Your Grandpa would have enjoyed the "missing fingers" shot. LOL!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such cute outfit...I don't mind the loose layers at all, you look breezy and chic :) And your hat is DARLING, I love how you wear them.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cambria! I am kind of obsessed with hats, aren't I?! I don't wear this one as often as I should.

      Delete
  4. I actually think by you not defining your waist, it looks very flattering in this ensemble! You look really lovely. And your hair in that last photo is just stunning-such a beautiful color! Canning sounds really fun. The only thing I've ever canned is jam...so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! It's nice to try a new silhouette sometimes - quite often I get stuck in the "define my waist" mode, but that's not the only style that's flattering.

      Canning is so fun! It's a lot of work - sometimes I'll spend a whole day canning (especially with tomatoes), but it's so rewarding in the end.

      Delete
  5. Your bracelets are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...