Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Polka dots and mah jongg


Rarely do I match my shoes, belt, shirt and hat, because that generally makes for a dull outfit, but in this case I think the matching worked because the shoes, top and hat are all so interesting looking. This outfit felt really fun, so I decided to throw on some quirky bracelets and mah jongg tile earrings to add to the effect. And maybe the side ponytail belongs back in the 80's, but I am a child of the 80's, so that makes it kind of okay, right?



Red polka dot tank top: Urban Outfitters
Denim skirt: Gap
Red wedges: Jeffrey Campbell from Lulu's
Red hat: Nine West, thrifted from Village Merchants
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Mah jongg tile earrings: free from my aunt
White bubble bracelet: free from my aunt
Other white bracelet: H&M
Red belt: free from my aunt

15 comments:

  1. I love the matched look! Super cute sandals and hat!!!

    Rebecca

    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. . .the matchy-matchy works perfectly! Those are all very interesting pieces on their own, but really fabulous all together. You look so adorable!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every creative girl needs a matchy matchy day once in a while. These pieces work very well together, I think. I LOVE the hat (I swear nobody rocks hats quite like you do!), the shoes, the earrings, the top and the bangles. This is probably a favorite look of yours for me. I really love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone called me the Queen of Hats once, and, well, I'll gladly accept the title! I do love them - I think I have something like 15 hats that I wear on a regular basis!

      Delete
  4. Yes...I like the you kept it matching because it made teh most of the fascinating pieces you have on! I love that polka dot top w all my heart...and those shoes are just spiffy!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe that I had put that polka dot top in a garage sale bag?! I don't know what I was thinking, but when I came across it the other day (before it went to the garage sale, thankfully!) I rescued it.

      Delete
  5. it's only 80s if it's a high side pony with a scunchii - otherwise, it's quite chic and contemporary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I suspected, but it's nice to hear it from someone else :)

      Delete
  6. I wore a side pony this past weekend! Of course, I was at an 80s music fest, but I would have worn it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to post pictures from that music festival! You wear the best 80's outfits.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE this look on you! I love those sandals - so much interest to them.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally agree that it turned out great because all the red pieces have character! and the light in these photos is just GORGEOUS!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...