Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Sweater style


This is the first time I've worn this sweater dress even though I've owned it for about five months. What I didn't realize when buying it in the sweltering August heat was that in the middle of winter, I would not appreciate the fact that the sleeves are only 3/4 length. I can only wear it on those in-between days where it's kind of cold, but not so cold that I need some extra fabric on my forearms.

This sweater vest is another piece of clothing I've been neglecting. I found it at an estate sale about four years ago during a phase where I was trying to make my wardrobe really "interesting," and I thought a men's sweater vest would do just that. Only recently, though, have I had any luck in styling it well. Despite my propensity for wearing men's shirts in different ways, apparently I have trouble styling grandpa vests.


Red sweater dress: Fred Meyer
Brown men's sweater vest: estate sale
Brown boots: Jessica Simpson from Macy's
Brown earrings: church craft fair
Gold necklace: Dress Barn
Brown belt: thrifted from Goodwill
Brown tights: Forever 21

4 comments:

  1. grandpa vests can be tough, but i like how you've mixed knits, and i totally agree on sweater dresses without sufficient arm coverings... who are they trying to kid, why would i want cold arms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been drawn to grandpa vests while thrifting lately, but just can't figure out the styling. You've done well though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look sooooo great my dear!!! Lovely sweater <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes so that too ... Buy something and not think more ahead. But I actually like the dress! It has a beautiful colour :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...