Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolved


Just because I've failed miserably at most of the New Year's resolutions I've made in my life is no reason for me to stop making them, right? In fact, I'm almost certain that the only resolution I've ever kept was to run a marathon. (Five hours and twelve minutes of running in the pouring rain. It was a proud day.) Nonetheless, I do have some goals for 2012, and among the very easily achievable goals (like: go on vacation!) there are some others that are slightly more challenging. For one, I'd like to run another marathon this year. Second, I'd like to go skydiving. (I've been saying this for years, and the only thing stopping me is that whenever I save up the $200 necessary to do it, I end up spending it on shoes instead.) And third, I'd like to improve the way I buy clothes and utilize my closet. I shouldn't have five navy blue skirts in my closet, or four black t-shirts, and yet I do. I'd like to get better about deciding what item of clothing would improve my closet, and then only buy one of that item, but make sure it's high quality. "Spend more, buy less" sounds counter-intuitive, but I'd rather pay more for things that last longer. Also, I need to give my closet a deep-clean this year and get rid of a lot of things that just aren't working for me anymore. Expect to see a "shop my closet" tab on the top of my blog soon!

I'd love to know what some of your New Year's resolutions are, whether they're fashion-related or not!

PS - Obviously I didn't have much to say about this outfit, as I prattled on about resolutions for a lengthy paragraph. But I did like it :)




Chambray shirt: Sears
Gray vest: free from my aunt
Jeans: H&M
Knee-high brown boots: Jessica Simpson from Macy's
Gray fedora: Fred Meyer
Infinity scarf: self-made
Necklace: purchased in Florence, Italy
Brown belt: thrifted from Goodwill

12 comments:

  1. I love your look. The handmade infinity scarf is gorgeous! It sounds like you have some great resolutions. My resolution like always is to lose some weight. I am hoping I can stay fit for an entire year which will help with the losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your look. It's great on you. And you are gorgeous too. A new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am back. I got my dress from Target. ^)^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look. And a great necklace. Though I like it with the skirt too.

    And you should definitely head over to Smith Rock if you get a chance. Clear winter days are actually the best time to go because the hike warms you up enough but you won't get heatstroke like in the summer.

    I don't really have any resolutions, but did notice I have about six or seven black skirts in my closet, which is ridiculous, so I'm going to be culling my closet a bit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I like it with the scarf. Not the skirt. You're not wearing a skirt. I know this. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! You wear that hat very well! Your resolutions sounds do-able...I like the part about quality over quantity. My one and only resolution is to laugh and smile a little more this year. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Monday Mingle.
    You look stunningly chic. All those layers and somehow does not look bulky at all. You must be very thin. :)
    Love the whole look.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to go through my closet soon too. I try not to keep anything I haven't worn in over 6 months, but sometimes it's so difficult to part with something! I really like the outfit and all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great spot for a photo session! Thanks so much for sharing your style on Monday Mingle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING outfit! That hat really adds a lot too! I'm visiting from Monday Mingle and would love for you to join my ABC's of Style challenge at http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a personality of yours! Specially, your fashionable outfit really enhances your personality. I am totally surprised to see this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...