Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

A rainy day Prince Charming


While we were taking these photos the sky started to darken, so we finished up quickly and walked to the nearest Starbucks as it started to rain. Josh and I shared a coffee, and then, because the rain hadn't let up, we started to walk the half mile home. After two blocks, though, I realized my white wedges were turning yellow! Ahhh! I dashed under a nearby awning, and Josh offered to walk the rest of the way home, get the car, and drive back to pick me up. As a staunch feminist I usually hate the idea of being rescued in any way, but when it comes to my shoes I will take the assistance of any available Prince Charming.

Lesson learned here: don't wear white leather shoes in the rain. (Other lessons to be learned: Always carry a pair of flats in your purse; don't live in a state that rains more than half the year if you want to frequently wear white leather shoes; get a husband who will go out of his way to protect your shoes.)




Black lace top: Quincy top from StyleMint
Black cardigan: gift from my aunt, from Macy's
Gray skirt: thrifted
White wedges: Sam Edelman (Kendall wedges) from Piperlime
Purse: thrifted from Salvation Army
Hair clip: gift from a friend
Pearl necklace: gift from a friend
Black flower bracelet: from my mom
Gray bracelet: made by me

12 comments:

  1. Oh, no, that's terrible! Thank goodness for Josh!

    Were you able to save the shoes? I'm so careful about the shoes I buy living here in Oregon. Suede is very rare in my shoe closet!

    Rain aside, you look lovely and I love that purse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the shoes were saved! After about an hour the color returned to normal, so they may have been okay on the walk home, but I didn't want to risk it.

      Delete
  2. Awww, Joshy is so sweet sometimes.... I'm very glad your shoes where saved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some pretty amazing lessons indeed! What a great hubby you have! And I am glad that those shoes got saved!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think I would have cried if my shoes were ruined, because they're one of my favorite pairs.

      Delete
  4. OOOOH, how sweet! haha, kenneth would never do that! He hates me when I'm conserned about my clothes, hehe. I really like this outfit Stacey! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh doesn't normally care about the state of my clothes, but he knows how attached I am to my shoes :)

      Delete
  5. This!: "As a staunch feminist I usually hate the idea of being rescued in any way, but when it comes to my shoes I will take the assistance of any available Prince Charming."

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, what a sweetheart!
    I think it's okay to be a damsel in distress every once in awhile, if only to give your man a chance to remind you what a prince he is.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Josh doesn't often get the chance to rescue me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...