Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Life in black and white


Back in high school, I happened to mention to my friends once that my legs were my favorite feature. For months afterwards, they gave me no end of grief on the matter, in that lovingly mean way that only friends can manage. All the guys would whistle and jokingly say, "Wow look at those sexy legs!" whenever I would show up at a party, and all the girls just laughed because I thought my legs were my best feature, not, say, my eyes or my smile (which were apparently the more normal responses). I've moved past that now - while I appreciate my legs for all they do for me (walking, running, working, looking decent in shorts), I have other features that I like much better (like my eyes). I'd love to know - what do you think your best feature is?

For all my love of bright colors, sometimes I feel the coolest in black and white. It's such a timeless combination. Plus, this hat makes any outfit about ten times cooler.




White blouse: free from my aunt
Black and white shorts: Loft
Black blazer: Fred Meyer
White wedges: Sam Edelman (Kendall wedges) from Piperlime
Black hat: gift from my aunt
Black necklace: Urban Outfitters
Black bracelet: free from my mom
White bracelet: H&M

8 comments:

  1. LOL that is too funny! I always say my cheekbones (I'm Native American) and get weird looks too. I think you do have quite sexy legs! And these shorts are too cute! In fact, this is one of my favorite looks of yours. I love the wedges and the shorts and the hat and the blouse! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You DO have nice cheekbones! I think most people do say something like "my smile," though, so anything else seems weird in comparison. In college I once told a group of girls that my back was one of my favorite features, and they looked at me like I was an alien.

      Delete
  2. Those shorts a just great! And a black and white look is cool, I agree. My teeth are my favorite feature and I don't like pictures of myself unless I'm smiling.

    Molly
    More Charming In Person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you love your teeth! My teeth are quite large and I'm not a fan of them, but yours are nice. Is it weird to tell someone that their teeth are nice?!

      Delete
  3. My fav shorts again, love them! So striking with the all black/white outfit, really like this styling. And those shoes are to die for, I need a pair!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cambria! I kind of wish I had a spare pair of these shoes - I know I'm going to be heartbroken the day they finally bite the dust! (Which hopefully won't be for a very long time.)

      Delete
  4. Wao, I'm loving this!! I have a black hat that doesn't get much use, I think I'm going to use your outfit as inspiration.. hehehe, keep up the great style!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love black and white outfit, your locket is so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...