Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Project Runway unconventional materials challenge

All photos from this source

I watched last week's episode of Project Runway last night. If you don't watch that show, I would highly recommend it - it's the only "reality" show I can handle. I love the clothes, I love the snark, I love the drama. Last week's episode was the unconventional materials challenge, which is always my favorite. The contestants are sent to an unusual store to buy the supplies for their outfits - grocery store, pet store, candy store. This time they went to a flower store and hardware store. I loved the results so much that I thought I'd share some of my favorites. (As well as the one I hated, because, well, why not?) Also, I had no outfit photos to share, so there's that reason, too :)

I love Kate's dress (pictured above) because it's so frou frou and over the top. Michelle and Richard's dress, below, is kind of bondage-meets-salad, which is weird and very interesting...


The next two dresses I only liked the backs of. I love the asymmetrical string straps and ombré flower petals on Benjamin's dress, and the exposed hardware on Amanda's...



Patricia's outfit was the one I absolutely loathed. I thought it was hideous and nonsensical, and I feel fairly certain that even though I am not crafty, I could have made something similar in a day and a half...


My favorite dress was Layana's - I think it's a work of art, and I could definitely picture someone wearing it on the red carpet....



Do any of you watch Project Runway? I'm sad that Michael Kors isn't one of the judges this season. I miss his particular brand of brilliant, witty snark. And I feel like all the contestants are being too nice to each other with this team challenge. I miss the days of people yelling at each other and calling each other names behind their backs.

4 comments:

  1. I can't say I've ever watched project runway, my tollerance for reality tv is almost 0, but I do like to watch what not to wear, when I feel like the person is actually deserving of the makeover.

    I will say some of these designs are quite creative and fun, bondage-meets-salad elicited an audible laugh and that last dress is quite stunning.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss watching Project Runway. If that last dress is any indication...she's gonna win it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a PR sucker...watch every week :) And this was one of my FAV runway shows in history...such gorgeous garments it was hard to pick a fav! I'm actually

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my favorite show!
    I was a fan of Layana's too. And I miss MK terribly! Zac seems adorable though. I was surprised to see the Man Repeller as a judge on there too. But she didn't say much. I haven't decided how I feel about the team approach yet. I think it is growing on me. I haven't found a favorite designer yet. Maybe because of the team aspect. But I'm not feeling Michelle's negativity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...