Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Cozy 80's sweater and a shopping ban


It's been so cold here lately, so I've been wearing a lot of bulky, cozy sweaters. I love this gray sweater that my aunt gave me. She found it when she was cleaning out her apartment. I think it's from the 80's. It was more obviously 80's before I cut out the shoulder pads, but now I think it looks quite cute. One of my other aunts gave me this necklace. I get so much free stuff from my three aunts, it's ridiculous. Right now I especially appreciate their hand-me-downs, because I'm banned from buying clothes. Josh and I are trying to kill off the rest of our non-student loan debt, so for the next few months I have a clothing budget of $0. So far I've gone a month and a half without buying any clothes, and it's been rough. I don't think I've gone that long without buying clothes for years. I think my no shopping challenge will be good for both our budget, and my frame of mind when it comes to shopping. I don't need to be constantly buying things in order to have a good wardrobe.



Sweater: free from my aunt
Coat: Marks and Spencer
Jeans: Levi's
Boots: Jessica Simpson from Macy's
Hat: H&M
Necklace: free from my aunt
Bracelet: gift

10 comments:

  1. a big cozy houndstooth sweater is pretty great. glad you've found a way to curb your fashion appetite while you are trying not to shop!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sweater! I haven't shopped in like a month or so too and I personally find it pretty exhilarating! Do you have an iPhone or iPad? There is an app called StyleBook and it is $3, I think. I use it all the time and it has helped me appreciate my closet a LOT more! Good luck Stacey! We can do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute sweater! I could probably stop shopping for like a year and have plenty to wear!

    Lindsey
    thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will feel so good once that debt is paid off that whatever you didn't buy will be a distant memory. Plus if you have aunts that give you comfy sweaters like that one, who needs shopping right? good luck lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater is adorable! Good luck with the shopping ban. I should go on another, but I really, really don't like them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the sweater is super cute and look amazing with brown! Good luck with your shopping ban, you have way more will power then me! :)

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your shopping ban - you can totally do it!! I decided to give myself a shopping budge this year since I have more clothes than I really need. So far so good but than again - it's not even March yet. So awesome that you have great hand me downs that are "vintage" and make it your own!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sweater and the necklace! You have some awesome aunts. :)

    2ndhand Knowledge: A Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweater definitely looks cozy and love that there's meaning behind it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...