Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election day


It's been unseasonably warm here lately, so I was actually slightly too hot in this outfit. I'm okay with that. If summer wants to hang on through November, I don't mind. It's winter lingering through June that bugs me.

Today is election day here in America, as most of you know. Don't worry, I won't get into my political views, but I do hope that all of you who are American vote today. I learned that this is the 100-year anniversary of Oregon women winning the right to vote. I feel proud when I think of all those women a hundred years ago, demanding a right that should have been theirs all along. There aren't many things that get me fired up, but women's rights is a topic I'm incredibly passionate about, especially when I consider the fact that my great-great-grandmother wasn't allowed to vote. I'm not sure where I'm going with this - I guess I just wanted to say that I'm grateful for all those suffragettes who stood up for themselves and insisted that they were the equals of men.



Striped blouse: Forever 21
Black maxi skirt: TJ Maxx
Beige boots: Jeffrey Campbell (Rumble boots) from Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses: Oscar de la Renta from TJ Maxx
Red necklace: free from my aunt
Bracelet: gift from my mom, from Yosemite

9 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that warm weather makes it back to the east coast, it has been literally freezing these past few days!

    and yes, i will go and vote today after work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our temperatures haven't reached freezing yet, thankfully. I really don't want it to happen. I just can't ever bear to part with summer.

      Delete
  2. i'm with you! i am sure there are a few people who wish i would keep my mouth shut, though...too bad!! i love your outfit. that skirt looks so comfy and i love the striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think more women need to talk about women's rights! Good for you. I never shut up about it, either, which drives my husband nuts sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Yay for voting! Also I am a very big supporter of summer hanging out as long as it likes. In fact, I would be perfectly ok with bypassing winter all together, minus Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Love your stripes Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - I think summer can stick around all year, with maybe a month or two for fall and changing leaves, and a week or two of snow at Christmastime.

      Delete
  4. It's been crazy warm here in Southern California which I don't mind but I would like to wear some of my fall clothes without heating up. I love how you paired this top with a maxi skirt and boots...looks fab!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlfie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the detail on the top of your skirt! It makes it so much more special than just a normal maxi skirt. Also, your boots are fabulous. Love the chunky heel on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share your passion for women's rights - thank you for talking about this!

    Your tailored top and maxi skirt are an elegant combination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...