Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One of those old ladies


This lime green hat made me feel like one of those old ladies at the grocery store who everyone stares at because she's wearing bright colors and odd clothes that most people would think are not age-appropriate. (Kind of like the ladies on one of my favorite blogs, Advanced Style.) I have always wanted to be one of those old ladies. I can get away with wearing clothes like this now without feeling out-of-place because I'm young, but I hope I still wear neon yellow sweaters and lime green hats when I'm old. (Maybe not the five-and-a-half inch heels, though!)

I wore this outfit to welcome the first day of spring yesterday, but spring decided not to show up. The cold weather, rain and fog showed up, though. Yay. I couldn't decide if I liked the sweater better tucked into the skirt or untucked, so I included a photo of both. Untucked is more unusual for me, but I liked the slouchy look of it.


Yellow sweater: Gap
Green skirt: thrifted from Crossroads Trading Co.
Blue boots: Steve Madden Carnaby heels from Zappos
Green hat: free from my aunt
Blue necklace: thrifted

12 comments:

  1. I actually quite like the slouchy look, and I agree, I'm totally going to be one of those crazy old ladies wearing everything all at once. it's gonna be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure you will rock the crazy old lady look :)

      Delete
  2. I would say that I prefer the tucked in look. It is crisper and more orderly. All in all, a pretty cool outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon! Apart from my dad, you are the first guy to ever leave a comment on my blog, which I think is awesome :)

      Delete
  3. Ah I love this outfit! The colours are so great, that yellow sweater is fantastic. I think I prefer the sweater better tucked, but it has a grungy thing going untucked too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I got the same sweater from the Gap, but it was too big and I was forced to send it back. I'm so sad because I love that color.

    And I think you rocking the heck out of this outfit. Age is part of it, but so is the youthful tights and booties. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the sweater is huge! I normally wear a size medium or large in sweaters, but had to get a small in this one, and would have bought an extra-small if it had been in stock.

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfit combo, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I aspire to be like those ladies, too! Total life heroes! You're totally channeling their passion for vibrant colors here, too. I love that green with that shade of yellow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...